A journey of various tools, media and inspiration by an aspiring artist. Painting, Drawing, Tutorials, Digital Art, Anime, Crafts, Jewellery, Galleries, Events... etc. You will find anything and everything that sparks interest in my artistic journey! ~ Anna Legaspi

Tudor World, The Falstaff Experience

Who says interactive museums are for kids only? I got a voucher on Groupon to visit Tudor World in Stafford and decided to go with my friend, Fiona and her young boy, Eli. I think I enjoyed it as much as Eli has! I am not a big fan of history, but knowing how people lived back in the Tudor times was something that inspired interest in me. Comparing the lifestyle of people 500 years ago to how we live now is extremely different, I cannot help but be in awe! Tudor World may be just a small museum, but every crevice and corner was put to great use
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
I do not fancy living in a life where medicine has not advanced the way it has today. I definitely do not fancy being infected by the Plague.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out Plague Infected
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
If you were to go to battle and you get wounded, who would have thought that visiting your BARBER would be the best thing to do? Most people nowadays don’t even trust going to their hairdressers. I definitely wouldn’t trust them to fix a war inflicted wound. I have a feeling that the wound will get infected, get amputated and in the end die due to the excruciating pain and blood loss. I think I will go to a modern doctor and the live on anaesthetics.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out Picked Eye Balls
Peasants lived a very difficult life. They lived in houses made of thatch and keep the animals inside with them to keep the place warmer. They don’t have a chimney so they leave a small hole in the roof (made of thatch) so the smoke can escape. Most people died of starvation. They also use buckets to get water which makes it very difficult to keep sanitation on a good level. I think I enjoy the luxury of a house, bath and shower. I also enjoy “Smart Price Asda” and “Tesco Value” when budget is a little bit tight. Yes, I am glad I live in this century.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Alchemy was also practised before. As interesting as it is, it does trouble me than ‘Urine of a dead man’ was on this Alchemist’s table.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
There was witches as well! I suppose when logic fails to be explained due to lack of knowledge, witchcraft and magic can always give you an answer.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Or you can be a Tudor Explorer and sail the seven seas! It sounds really interesting and an awfully great adventure. Until you develop scurvy due to vitamin insufficiency. I don’t think eating pickled everything is good for your health.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
Of course, we cannot forget Monarchy and King Henry VIII. His 6 wives has definitely given him a reputation.
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out King Henry VII
King Henry VIII’s face. (From an artistic perspective, maybe I should try creating a bust one day and see if I can make one as good as this.)
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out King Henry VII Close up
And this is Eli as King Henry VIII. SO CUTE!
Tudor World Museum Falstaff Experience Groupon Stratford Upon Avon Sightseeing Day Out
On top of the tour, Tudor World also had a Pirate Experience on the day we were there. Eli didn’t really wait very long and decided to join the crew!
Eli having the Pirate experience!

MORE GALLERIES and MUSEUMS PLEASE! Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment